Foreign Nationals and Liquor License

Some foreign citizens can hold an interest in a New York Liquor License.  Foreign citizens find it difficult to apply for many licenses and permits needed to operate a successful restaurant, bar or club business in the United States.

Holding a retail on-premises liquor license in New York State is generally restricted to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.  However, the New York State Liquor Authority recognizes an international reciprocal trade treaty that allows certain foreign citizens to hold an interest in a New York retail liquor license.  An experienced liquor license attorney can help an applicant to strategize and position its liquor license application in the best condition for allowance.

If you’d like to work with our liquor license team members with experience in both liquor license and immigration law, contact our office for a free consultation.  We’ve helped non-citizens to obtain New York liquor licenses.